Day 7 of 30 - Testimonies, Prayers, & Poetry

A Praying Friend

I received a text with a prayer and words of encouragement from a friend of more than 26 years. We haven’t seen each other in person in at least 5 years but I think it’s been longer than that. The point is, distance doesn’t matter. God put her in my life and allowed her to remain there. The real blessing is, she’s not just occupying space, she’s serving a purpose. She prays for me and my family. She has been all the years I’ve known her. I don’t have to call her or text her and tell her we need prayer. She prays anyway because she loves me and my family and she loves God.

I’d gotten texted prayers and encouraging words from her before and am always grateful. I send them to her as well. Today, after reading her greetings and prayer, these words fell on my heart to share with her. I have one other such blessing in my life. I’ve known her for more than 30 years and she is definitely a prayer warrior.  These words are also for her.

If you don’t have praying friends, at least one, pray and ask for one. And then, become one.

 

Praying Friend
 
There is nothing greater
Than a praying friend
One who walks close beside you
Through thick and through thin
 
One who lovingly chides you
And points out your wrong
Who'll comfort and counsel
And do you no harm
 
Such a friend are you, my dear
You're a treasure, tried, and true
Know that when you pray for me
I'm also praying for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go