Day 3 of 30 - Testimonies, Prayers, & Poetry

Though I did my 30 minutes for day 3 of 30 of the American Cancer Society's Writing Challenge, this is not what I wrote. Still, I wanted to share some of my original writing. The following poem is from my book, "Straight From the Heart Poetry Collection." You can find the entire collection on Amazon


 
I was ready to quit,
to give in.
I was about to
throw in the towel.
But Jesus whispered,
“Hold on. Not yet.
Praise me instead
for just a while.”
 
Now, Lord, you know
it ain’t in me.
I’m tired and I’ve got
nothing left.
“I don’t think that’s
what I’m saying.
I never asked you 
how you felt.”
 
“You’re telling me
how you feel.
You’re saying what
you can and can’t do.
But what I’m commanding
is not based on your feelings.
A ‘nevertheless praise’
will bring you through.
 
A ‘nevertheless praise’
will lift your spirit.
It will bring you up
from the mirk and the mire.
A ‘nevertheless praise’
will change your focus.
A ‘nevertheless’ praise
will lift you higher.
 
This kind of praise
is not about
what I’ve done.
It’s a praise about
who I am.
It’s the kind of praise
that will give you strength
It’s a praise
of a higher realm.
 
So listen to me
and lift a PRAISE!
Shout ‘HALLELUJAH!’
till you lose your breath
and you’ll discover
at the end of you
I’m all you need
when I’m all that’s left.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Yo, That's My Wife!