Letting Go

Today as I continue my journey, my walk with God, I had to take another hard look at my life and get real with myself. I also had to take a real hard look at those in my life who share this journey.  Actually, let me back up a bit.

In trying to be more committed to the study of God’s Word, I’m doing a Beth Moore Bible study entitled, “Jesus The One And Only” with my dear friend Sue. In the portion of lesson we went over today, I was challenged to consider who pours into my cup. Who am I looking to for fulfillment in life? Am I trying to be satisfied by someone other than Christ? Now we all have people who play a part in making us whole and I’m not knocking that, BUT what role do they play? am I / are you giving them a position that can only be filled by Christ?

The consideration of that question is why I backed up after beginning in the sharing of this segment of my journey. I didn’t fully comprehend how much I allow others to influence what I did and said until I began this study again. I have always thought of myself as an independent person who didn’t care much what others thought of me and my choices and actions. This characteristic was really prominent in my life before Christ. After Christ I tried to tone it down a bit so that my “freedom to be me” didn’t turn anyone away from the Christ in me.  I backed up because even as my keys went over my keyboard, I was wondering how my words would be perceived and received by others.

Christ is setting me free from that concern. Not to the point where I don’t care what others say and how my words are received – just to the point where I don’t allow their opinions to hinder me in doing what I feel the Spirit of God is leading me to share.  When I called my blog “Sharing the Journey” I was being quite intentional. This faith walk is indeed a journey. And like any journey of real significance, it will include peaks and valleys, dips and curves, and rough places as well as smooth.  I have to stop picking and choosing what I think needs to be shared based on what others think and let the Spirit of God lead me.

I write for His glory and not for the approval of people – no matter how much I love and esteem them. I write to share a “word in season to him that is weary.” (Isaiah 50:4) I write to encourage those who like me are going through the valleys as well as the peaks of a walk with Christ. Someone, somewhere out there can relate to my words and I believe they will be encouraged if by nothing other than the realization that they are not alone.  Someone else besides me is going through and can relate. And I believe as God brings me through, they will be encouraged in knowing that because He is no respecter of persons, He will also bring them through.

There is so much more I want to say but at the same time, I feel enough has been said. These words are shared with you but were written for me. God is preparing me for a great work. This beginning is very humble but it is a beginning. Right here, right now, I lay at my Master’s feet the innate and often unperceived need to please man. I am here to serve man but to please my God. Hang on tight fellow sojourners, things are about to get interesting.


Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing. You are so right others needed to read this..me. It sent me confirmation that I am not alone and if I continue to seek the face of My Father, He will see me through. Much love and respect to you for allow God to use you. Continue to please Him.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene for the response. Sorry I'm just now seeing it and responding. Need to change my settings. Anyway, thank you for responding and for sharing this journey with me.

      Delete
  2. This post is proof positive that you are truly moving into another arena in your faith and writing. I needed to read this and at THIS moment/season. I found out that when you are writing for the Glory of God, you don't hold back. That very piece we are skeptical about and holding back on are often times what God wants to use to bless others. It blessed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda you are so right. Even after pushing through and writing this piece I was hesitant to share it. Praise God I did! I never get comments here on the blog and to find 2 - wow! You do realize this was written just before St John's Sister to Sister conference. Much that was said there was confirmation for me that I was on the right path. Now pray I keep moving on that path instead of sitting down on the side of it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One