I'm Going Home


            When my husband retired from the United States Air Force and moved me back to my home state, one of our Sunday afternoon traditions was to pile everyone into my minivan and go for ice cream and a drive. There were only one or two places we visited for ice cream, but the drive could take you anywhere. We generally went in a direction we'd never been before just to see something new. 
            When I started this blog, I called it “Sharing the Journey” because I knew God was taking me places. He had a good plan for my life and there would be much learned along the way. Recently, I discovered I’d gotten off the path. Actually, I’m still headed where God is leading me, but I’ve taken several side roads and detours. I’ve been sight-seeing and just enjoying the journey without the desired destination in mind.
            When we went on those Sunday drives with my family and parents, we always had to make sure everyone used the bathroom before leaving. If you don’t know where you’re going, you don’t know if there will be facilities so it’s best to go now. Also, when my dad rode with us, we had to make sure he packed a bag of snacks. Though he’s not diabetic, it doesn’t take long for him to feel ill if he’s not eating regularly. He’d get “hangry” if he forgot his goody bag. Still, because my girls were small and Daddy was… well, he was Daddy, we’d eventually have to make home our destination and head back that way.
            In Sharing the Journey with you all, I made sure I’d used the facilities before beginning. I’d dumped all the sins and weights that so easily beset us by kneeling at the foot of the cross and accepting Jesus’s sacrifice that cleansed me from all sin. I even packed a bag of goodies to keep my energy up and prevent me from getting hangry. I am constantly snacking on the Word of God, reading and listening to sermons all throughout the trip. But I feel in my heart I’ve explored long enough. It’s time to focus and head home.
            I left my father’s house serve in the United States Air Force. I was gone for nearly twenty years serving as an active duty member and then as an active duty dependent. But no matter where I went, my father’s address was my home.  The same is true in my spiritual journey. This world is not my home. The house in which I dwell with my husband and children is not my home. My Daddy’s house is not my home. My home is where my Father is. Jesus said He was going away to prepare a place for me that where He was I could be also. (See John14:2-3.) I’m preparing to go to that home.
            I don’t plan to arrive for many, many, many years, but I must make preparation now and head in that direction. My wandering and detouring must stop. I must be about my Father’s business. I invite you to continue along the journey with me. With focus and determination, I aim to not only arrive in Heaven but to be greeted with the words, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” (See Matthew25:21.) I’m picking up stragglers and hitchhikers and anyone else who wants to join me. Are you ready to ride?

Comments

  1. Praise God my Sister. I am ready for the ride. Got my travelling shoes on and I too am enjoying the journey, It is so much easier to travel without all the weights. As I am shut in place during this great opportunity to meditate on God's word, I am excited about the way He has given His ambassadors time to trim our lamps, sharpen our swords and make preparations to witness to this dying world about the Love of Christ with power and authority, when this pandemic has run it's course. Together, we Saints of God, will, make a difference, pursuing THE GREAT COMMISSION.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you, woman of God! Continue to lift me in prayer and I'll do the same for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Yo, That's My Wife!