Fully Known

I’m currently sitting in my hotel room at the 151st setting of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, Inc. with the setting sun shining through my window overlooking an empty pool. My roommates have gone out to get dinner and I’m supposed to be finishing up a program for my sister in Christ. But it’s really quiet so I turned to YouTube for background noise. That’s where I got caught up.

I’m listening to Tauren Wells sing Known.  I listened to it this morning before going down to the worship service and lyrics touched a chord deep inside my spirit. I shared just a few days ago how I’d lost a bit of the intimacy I’d once shared with my Jesus. (We’re good again now though.) Well, this song articulates one of the things that drew me close to Jesus in the first place – the fact that I’m fully known and loved by Him. As Tauren says, “It’s not one or the other. It’s hard truth and ridiculous grace to be known – fully known and loved by you.”

Think about that for just a moment. I mean really think about it. FULLY known – my deepest darkest secrets; my sinful and evil thoughts; those acts I committed when no one was watching; those things I said; the things I’ve watched on the internet or listened to or laughed at. Jesus knows it ALL. Even I’ve forgotten some of the sins and indiscretions I’ve done but Jesus fully knows. Those sins are hard truths. Oh, but God! He gives ridiculous grace and He loves me fully.


That’s cause for a praise right there! Listen to the lyrics of this song and revel in the fact that like me, like Tauren, you too are fully known and loved by God. Be blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Yo, That's My Wife!