Walking Into My New Normal

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a terrible procrastinator.  I don’t know why I do it but I put everything off until the last possible moment. Sometimes that works – like when I’m writing because I don’t have time to second guess myself. Other times it’s awful – like when I’ve invited 30 people to my house for brunch and I wait until the night before to start cleaning SO I can cook. Yeah, that didn’t go quite as I’d planned. But God knows I’m trying. I keep confessing that I’m a reformed procrastinator. But…

Well now I’m tired of procrastinating. It’s hurting me; it’s hurting my family; it’s hurting those God has called me to minister to. There are things I’m supposed to do, to be, to have. But there are prerequisites for all of it. So here I am – working on my prerequisites. Starting with something one of the ladies at my church told me, I’m going to write my modified life plan.

Starting backwards or at the end, what I want ultimately from life is to get to the end and hear my Father say to me, “Well done, good and faithful servant!” (Matthew 25:21 NIV) But in order to hear Him say that I must first do what He’s told me to do. So what has He told me to do, that’s step two in this “from the end to the beginning” life plan. He’s told me to seek His face. That’s all. I should be all excited and jumping up and down right? So why aren’t I? It's because I lack a made up mind. But that’s another post – I think.

In order to please the Father one has to first KNOW the Father. And I’m not talking head knowledge here. I need to know who He is, what makes Him tick, what ticks Him off, and what makes Him smile. And I can know all of this because He gave me a guide book. All I have to do is open it up and LISTEN as He speaks to me. Well, that’s not all I have to do. I have to do what He says after He’s spoken to me. And that’s where I am today on this from the end life plan.

I am easily distracted and an emotional operator so I’m going with lists to keep me focused and on point. I must do what I KNOW to do until what I know to do is what I feel like doing. No more procrastinating, no more working according to the old pattern and operating system of yesterday. I’m walking into my destiny, into my new normal. Glad to have you sharing the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go