Let Us Pray

Let Us Pray

Today I feel led to not write a devotional, but to pray for you and for myself. Times are getting hard for so many and God wants us to know that if we trust in Him, if we keep our eyes on Him, if we forget about ourselves and keep our minds stayed on Him, He will make a way. Not only will He make a way, He’ll make a great way.

God can take nothing and create a universe. He can take dirt and make a man. He can take you and me, and make us all that we dream of being and more. I believe this. Do you? If so, please join me now in prayer, and then pass it on to someone who you know will be blessed by it. No strings attached please. Just let them know you were praying for them.

Father God in Heaven, I call upon your holy name with a humbleness that is not quite natural for me. But I know that I can come before an awesome and holy God no other way. I beg of you, Father, search me and all who pray with me now. Show us ourselves, Father, in the light of your holiness. Let us see ourselves as you see us. We are sinners, Father, saved by grace.

If there is one who knows you only as God and not as Father, save their soul today that the angels in Heaven may rejoice. Let us all see our sin and repent. I do that now, Father. I repent of all my sins. I know that they are many and were it not for the cleansing blood of Christ I would be lost. But thank you, God, for Jesus. Thank you for the saving blood that washes away my sin. Your word promises that if we confess our sins, you are faithful and just to forgive and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) I confess my sins to you now, Father, and thank you for your righteousness through Christ Jesus my Lord. (Romans 3:22; 5:21)

Father, I pray that today I will walk in the power which you have given me - that same power that raised Christ from the dead. (Ephesians 1:19-20) When I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, I entered into a covenant with you, the sovereign God of all the universe. In that covenant you said that if I were obedient to you and obey your commands that blessings would be mine. (Deuteronomy 28:1-14) And even with such a great promise attached to my keeping covenant with you, you in your infinite wisdom made provision for me and the weakness of my flesh. In Deuteronomy 30:6, you said that you would circumcise my heart that I might love you and live. What other God would make such a great promise as found in Deuteronomy 28 and then come back and make sure I was able to keep my part of the covenant? None but you is so loving and wise and I praise you for it today.

Truly, Father, you are my God and earnestly I seek you. My soul thirsts for you and my body longs for you. (Psalm 63:1) Continue to turn my heart toward you statutes and not to selfish gain. (Psalm 119:36) Continue to work in me that I might will and do your good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13) I love you, Father, but I want to love you more. Satisfy this desire as only you can, for me and all of your children who pray with me now.

Let the name of the Lord be glorified in this dark and evil day. Show yourself mighty, Father, so that all who look upon your faithful ones will know that we are called by the name of the LORD. Be glorified today and forevermore I pray. In Jesus’ matchless name, Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go