The 3 P's of Pursuing God

I have noticed some changes in my Pursuit of God that I thought I’d share with my fellow sojourners. I would like to know if anyone else has noticed such a change or transition in their own pursuit.

When I first came to Christ I was living a pretty wild and free life style. Granted, if comparing myself to the world I wasn’t too bad. But we’re to compare ourselves to Christ which put me in the “wretched” category. My acceptance of Him as personal Savior was therefore more a pursuit of Protection or, as some would say, fire insurance than anything else. Simply put, I didn’t want to go to hell. I was living in south Georgia at that time and I knew I simply did not want to go to anyplace hotter than that!

Over time, in and out of church, I began to take my relationship with Christ more seriously. I was ready to now allow Him to be Lord as well as Savior of my life.  I began to be more frequent in church and more involved in ministry. I was looking to make some things happen in my life and I heard Jesus was the way. I heard a preacher suggest we confess, “I am out of debt with every need met; I have more to put in store; I am blessed to be a blessing!” Amen! I like that. Out of debt. Every need met. Sign me up. My pursuit of God became a pursuit of Presents or the blessings of God.

Here recently, however, I’ve noticed a change. I’ve finally BEGUN to cross over into what I call the third “P” of pursing God and that’s His Presence. I’ve finally come to a place where I just want Jesus. Don’t get it twisted though. I still want His Protection. I have absolutely no intention of going to hell. I figure it wasn’t created for me so no need for me to crash the party. I will also continue to welcome and be grateful for His Presents. I’ve learned material possessions are good in the good they allow me to do but not in and of themselves. But most importantly, I’ve learned that nothing, and I mean absolutely NO THING can compare to the sweet Presence of God. Even when I can’t feel Him (which is like liquid sunshine running through your veins – not my words but very accurate) to KNOW He’s there with me keeps peace in my heart. When I’m going through, I know I’m not going through alone. When weapons are formed against me I don’t worry but IN it all, I praise Him because I know that weapon shall not prosper.

So what about you, fellow sojourner? Which “P” of pursuit do you find yourself at? This is a no judgement zone. God loves us all the same whether we’re still pursuing for protection or have determined to pursue for His presence. So long as you’re pursing. you’re in the right place. 

Blessings to you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go