Not Condemned

Each morning I get an email from the ministry of Pastor Joseph Prince that includes a scripture to meditate on and a devotional reading. This morning’s scripture was from Romans 8:1 (NASB), “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” It’s a scripture I’d read many times. I’d even memorized it (though admittedly I hadn’t learned the address.) But this morning was different. This morning I didn’t just get motivation; I received revelation.

The few of you who follow my blog know that my posts are sporadic at best. That’s because I had been under self-imposed condemnation. I felt like my writings weren’t good enough. There was little to no feedback so I began to think they weren’t blessing enough people. I kept wanting to do more for the Kingdom, to be more for God. I wanted to live out my calling and hear Him say, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant!” I felt as if I was failing.

I knew in my head that those fears or concerns were not of God. Yes, He wants me to fulfill the call He has placed on my life – through Christ. Yes, He wants me to make an impact in this world for His kingdom. Yes, He wants me to speak a word in season to him that is weary.  But I was slothful and slow and sometimes just downright disobedient. Each day I’d repent determined to do better the next day. But I’d end up remembering all that I am not and beat myself up. I was rendered ineffective.

But each day, I also pleaded with God to not give up on me. I knew, I know, He has a plan for me – plans for my good and not disaster, to give me a future and hope. I know I can do all things through Christ who give me strength. I also know that He who has begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. I know all of this – in my head. I needed it to get down into my inmost parts, into my heart, into my spirit. I needed the Words of God concerning me and His love for me to permeate every part of me. Then and only then would I be able to truly confess with the Apostle Paul, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20 NIV)

So today, I received revelation and each time condemnation began to attack me, I rehearsed Romans 8:1 and praised God for it. I thought back on the things God has already delivered me from and remembered the words of Mandisa, “I’m just ‘Unfinished’.”

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring but right now I declare and believe, I’m on the right path and I will remain there. I believe that I will go forth and declare the words of the Lord. I will keep the faith and I will finish my course.

Please continue to share this journey with me. Pray for me and I will pray for you. God is about to show us some things that will blow our minds! Then others will see and believe and proclaim the works of God and ponder what He has done. Do you believe?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go