Trusting In the Hidden Plan of God

 Note to the reader, this post is from my book "From The Shepherds Heart - A Devotional"
 which can be purchased at https://www.amazon.com/Shepherds-Heart-Dutchess-Horton/dp/1619044404

          One of my favorite passages of scripture comes from Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) where God declares, “For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  It is a very encouraging verse.  It’s full of promise and just a touch of mystery.
          This verse says God knows the plan He has for us.  However, it does not say God is going to tell us His plan.  We are told the end result only.  The NIV says hope and a future.  The KJV says an expected end.  But neither version tells us how God will get us to that future or expected end.  God doesn’t share any of the details.
          So what is one to do?  We trust the hidden plan of God.  More specifically, we trust God.  I must admit that sometimes I hear a promise or proposed end of a thing and I try to work out a plan of my own to get there -- especially if God makes me wait and doesn’t make good His promise immediately.  We (I) have to trust God enough to believe Him when he tells me He has a plan and allow Him to work His plan without interference (suggestions) from me.  My trying to help Him is essentially my telling God He’s not capable of doing what He said He would do.
          The only way we are going to receive the promise of Jeremiah 29:11 (or any other promise of God) is by trusting the one with the plan.  God tells us in Isaiah 55:11 that His words will not return to Him void but will prosper in the thing He sent it -- it will accomplish what He says.  And we know that He does not lie or repent -- if He said it He will do it; if he promised He will make good. (See Numbers 23:19)  All that is required of us is to trust in the hidden plan of God.


Father God, we know that you have plans for our lives; plans to do us good and not harm; plans to give us hope and a determined end. (Jeremiah 29:11)  Help us, Father, to trust in your plan. Help us to trust in you with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding.  Help us to acknowledge you in all our ways and trust to you direct our path. (See Proverb 3:5-6)  Even when it seems the words you have spoken are slow to prosper, remind us that it will surely come and will not tarry. (See Habakkuk 2:3)  Give us strength, Father God, and give us grace as we trust in your hidden plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go