A Letter to Satan

I discovered this post while searching through some old files and felt it was the appropriate time to share. Anyone who is seeking to live for Christ will have some run ins with the accuser. Well sometimes, when he gets busy reminding us of our past, we have to remind him of his future!  Read this letter to satan and maybe write one of your own. Be blessed! --Dutchess

There are so many things I have to be thankful for. As I was sitting in my prayer closet with a list of physical needs, the enemy tried to remind me that when God called to me this morning at 5 a.m. I rolled over and went back to sleep. The enemy reminded me that I got a little short tempered with my husband yesterday and that my house STILL isn’t clean and “company ready”. He reminded me that I am always in some sin, be it in word, thought, or deed and that I had a lot of nerve to think I could go to a holy God and ask for anything.

But even as the enemy whispered in one ear, the Holy Spirit was whispering in the other reminding me that I am the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. He reminded that I am chosen, adopted, and beloved by the very God the enemy told me I had no right to approach. The Holy Spirit reminded me that my Father has commanded me through His word to cast all my cares upon Him; to be anxious for nothing but in all things through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving to make my request known to Him; to ask, seek, and knock. The Holy Spirit reminded me that all I have to do is to come before my God and remember that I am covered in the blood of Christ and that in Him I am worthy.

So as I look at my physical situations and needs, and there are many, I can rest in my Savior’s hand and in His promises – not because I’m worthy or I’ve done all He has asked me to do.  All that the enemy accused me of was true. I have fallen short and will continue to fall short. But I come to my Father not in my own righteousness but in the righteousness of Christ. I come to my Father, fully expecting Him to answer my prayers not because I’m so good but because He is good. I come to my Father and boldly ask what I will, again fully expecting to receive it, not because I’ve been faithful but because He is faithful.

My God has promised to supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. He’s promised that if I delight in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart. He’s promised that as I walk upright before Him, no good thing will He withhold from me. My God has assured me that if I seek FIRST His kingdom and His righteousness, all other things will be added unto me. There are so many promises my God has made to me and because He is not a man that He should lie nor the son of man that He should repent, I believe Him.  Because His word will not return to Him void but will accomplish all that He sends it out to do, I trust Him.


So Satan, yes I am a sinner but I've been saved by grace. I sin and fall short of the glory of God. But praise be to God, it’s not all about me. In fact, it’s not about me at all. It’s about Christ and the sacrifice He made on an old rugged tree a couple thousand years ago. It’s about the one who defeated you, Satan. It’s all about Jesus and that is why I will continue to go into my secret prayer closet and tell my Father all that I need. Because of the finished work of Jesus, I will never stop praying and never stop believing. I will trust in the Lord and never doubt. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go