My Humble Prayer – A Poem

May my desire be for you and for you alone
May you and you only sit on my heart’s throne

May it be your will and not mine that is done
May I die to self daily and live for your Son

May all that I am be all that you are
May your light within me be a bright, shining star

You are my savior and I am your girl
May my life revolve around you – the center of my world

May I never disappoint you or bring to you shame
May my life, words, or thoughts never blemish your Name

Jesus my redeemer, my keeper, my friend.
Give me strength to go with you till you come back again.

This is my plea Lord sent humbly your way
May you hear me and answer me whenever I pray.

Written by Dutchess Horton

All rights reserved © Copyright 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Yo, That's My Wife!