Finding My Way

Sometimes we know that we are full of purpose yet we feel stuck. We know we’re on a journey, but we don’t know which way to go. I began “Sharing the Journey” so that others like myself could come and see that as we traverse the path of life, we are not alone. We journey together, maybe on different paths, but together in desired destination. My desired destination is my home. Earth is not my home; it’s but a temporary residence. I have a home in glory where there will be no more sickness, no more pain, no more sorrow, just joy unspeakable – full of glory.

But unlike some, I don’t want to just make it in. And there will be those who enter by the skin of their teeth. If that’s all I can get, I’ll accept it. But it’s not my desire. I once shared with a Bible Study group that when I see Jesus face to face and He welcomes me home, I don’t want to hear Him say, “Whew, Dutchess. You made it!” I want to hear Him say, “Well done my good and faithful servant.”   

My well done will not be the same as your well done for my purpose is not your purpose. Well it is and it isn’t. We both have been tasked with kingdom building but you may be a carpenter while I’m a painter. Different jobs but the same desired end.

As you can see, my journey has been a lot of “meandering”. But if you look back, you’ll notice I’ve been sitting still for far too long. The Father sent me a messenger several years ago to tell me I’ve been reaching out to God for a long time – and that’s good. But I’ve now been called to step out. So I’m up off my toosh and stepping out in faith. I’m not sure which specific route to take but I’ve got to move in the general direction of my calling. I can’t hear the Master’s voice as well as I have in times past. I can’t feel Him near guiding me. But I have His promise that never will He leave me nor forsake me. He is with me always. I can’t sit still waiting to feel anymore. I’m am girding up my loins with the truth; for the Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. (Psalm 145:18) He is here.

A Writer’s Musing

I sat at my desk with pen and paper in hand
Well actually it was my laptop on a table
But I sat to write words to encourage you
But realized I’m just not able

Yes God has given me a tongue of the learned
To speak a word to he who is weary
But today, I am the weary soul
In my heart it’s cold and dreary

I know that I have been given a gift
But it’s a gift of which I have not control
Don’t know if it’s unconfessed sin in my heart
Or a prayer life that’s gone dry and cold

Why is my soul downcast within me?
Why do I feel so glum?
Reignite the fire of passion, sweet Spirit
Recharge my love for the Son.

I’m not satisfied with being okay.
I want a life of purpose and vibrancy.
I want the life Christ died to provide
I surrender that I might be free.

Hear my prayer, dear omnipotent One
Take these shackles off my feet
Make me, shape me, mold me, transform me
Make me what you want me to be

Then again shall I declare your goodness
Again I shall speak with tongues of the learned
And I shall share your goodness and love
Then again I shall point to your Son.


All rights reserved © 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go