Prayer Through Poetry

 

Victory!


Bound for so long

that I couldn’t see

all that the enemy

had done through me.

 

He established a pattern

Of guilt and shame -

made me afraid

to call on that Name.

 

But King Jesus

was standing by,

heard the tears I shed -

heard my silent cry.

 

He sent His Word

and rescued me,

dropped me to my knees to pray

then stood me up on my feet.

 

Victory!

It is mine to claim,

and I claim it boldly

in JESUS Name!

 

 

Free Indeed

 

Whom the Son sets free

is free indeed

but there’s still a work

required of me.

 

Let the mind of Christ

now become mine,

no more walking in “feelings”

no more wasting time.


Rise up!

Seek the King’s face;

Pray in the Spirit;

Live by His grace.

 

For it is not BY works

that I have been saved,

but it is FOR good works

in Jesus’ Name.

 

Victory is mine!

I’ve been set free

Now I shall walk by the Spirit

and be free indeed!

 

© Dutchess Horton

Please note that these are original poems written and copyrighted by me. Sharing is encouraged, but please give credit when you do. Thank you and be blessed! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Yo, That's My Wife!