Beginning Again


I want to take the time to apologize to my readers and followers for the disservice I’ve done here with my blog. As you know I’m a work in progress and progress appears to be rather slow. But thank God, it’s progress, nonetheless. I apologize because in calling my blog “Sharing the Journey” I committed to sharing with you the ups and downs of my Christian journey, hoping to make your journey a little smoother. But I have not done that. I’ve allowed myself to get caught up in the “what if’s” and other silly little things and have not written what I should when I should. Please forgive me and pray that as God continues to work on me, I will be faithful to both Him and you.

This particular post is a result of this morning’s quiet time. When God called me out of my full-time job in July of 2012, I asked Him, “What now?” He answered, “Seek me.” I replied, “Okay. What else.” He again answered, “Seek me.” And that’s pretty much all He has said since. He may throw in another word or two here and there, but in the end, my command has been to seek His face. And I have, kind of.

Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV reads, “And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” I’ve gotten glimpses of God regularly – mostly because I have learned to see Him in even the small things. But I have not seen God as He desires to be revealed in my life because I have not consistently sought Him with my whole heart. God will not be mocked or “played” as the kids say today. He says what He means, and He means what He says. There will be no shortcuts to the Kingdom or to the promises of God.

So today, I begin again and again invite you to share the journey. It may not be smooth all the way and there may be periods where we travel through the valley and the shadow of death. But we shall fear no evil for God is with us. His rod and His staff shall comfort us and we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go