But God...

This morning marks the beginning of a new day, a new work week, and for me, a brand new attitude. I awoke early this morning after having dreamed again. And that won’t make sense to most people, in some ways not even me. So let me try to explain. I have dreams that play like movies. Often times I’m not even in them, just an observer. They are always entertaining but nothing deep or spiritual. In fact, many of these “movies” would not qualify as something I would even chose to watch. The significance of these dreams – to me – is they only come when I’m in close communication with my Heavenly Father.

So if you go back and read the 2nd sentence of that first paragraph you should be able to deduce that I had fallen out of close communication with my Father. Sure I spoke to Him daily, throughout the day even. But it was not the kind of communication you’d have with someone with whom you shared a close and intimate relationship. I’d grown discouraged and even apathetic in my relationship with the Father. I know He is who He says He is and that He cannot and will not lie. I know He loves me with a perfect love and that my best is His desire. I know and knew all of this.  So why the break in communication?

Have you ever heard a man or woman breaking off a relationship with a significant other with the phrase, “It’s not you, it’s me.”? Well that is what happened. It was all me. I didn’t feel worthy. I didn’t feel as if I was living up to His expectations of me. I didn’t feel that I was contributing anything significant to our relationship – so I slowly but surely withdrew.

But God… Apparently when He said He would never leave me nor forsake me, He meant it! I turned away from Him but He never turned His back on me. I tried to step away and just be “casual” in my dealings with Him but apparently He’s invested too much in me to be just casual. He loves me with a never ending love. He has plans for me, plans to prosper me and to give me a hope and a future. He has pursued me and even laid down His life for me. A casual relationship was not enough for Him and I’m so glad.


As I turn back to my Father and give Him my all even as He has given me His all, I feel I must ask, are you giving Him your all? Have you somehow become less than fully committed to Christ and the relationship He died to have with you? Have you begun to believe the subtle hints and lies the enemy has whispered in your ears? Have you begun to follow your feelings instead of the truth? Beloved (and that is who you are) turn back to the Father with your whole heart. Forget what you “feel” and trust the truth which is God’s holy Word. Saturate your mind with scripture and allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you into all truth and righteousness. Allow the Father to love you as He desires to love you. No you don’t deserve it and you will never measure up but that does not decrease His love for you one iota. It’s not what you are or what you do; it’s who He is and what He’s done and is yet doing. The enemy won’t give up. He won’t quit telling you his lies. But when he starts whispering sweet nothings in your ear, just smile and say, “But God…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Me?

I Believe in Miracles, Because I Am One

Letting Go